Thursday, December 20, 2007

Red Letter Day

Today was a Red Letter Day...which is a holiday. Today was the holiday of sacrificing animals so they can give meat to the poor and take away their sins. They already pray 5 times a day on loud speakers but last night it was all night for most neighborhoods. Boyt and I were thankful because they stopped last night around 10pm! It has been really cool to see this culture and how they handle things....especially holidays like today. It is always a good conversation to bring up the reason why we dont have to sacrifice animals anymore. I will have to say that I did not attend this morning because I am an animal lover and it was enough to see all of the animals waiting to be killed. I did not feel the need to go so, I didnt....I think I would have nightmares for a while if I did.

Since it was a holiday we all went to a really nice water park and hung out all morning. It was really nice to relax and be in the sun for a while. Although it was really weird to be at a water park 5 days before Chrima though!! :-)

Tomorrow we have church and then we have a game night tomorrow night. It shall be fun!! haha

Well, it is rainy season...and it rains A LOT! The streets flood really bad and taxi's wont even drive down them. It's crazy how everything floods so bad! One of our friends couldnt even get to their house because of the flooding so, they had to spend the night with a friend. It is nice to have rain because it cools this city down!

I am very thankful to be here and working with some amazing people. I have learned a whole lot and I cant wait to see what else I learn!

1 comment:

Danita said...

Ugh, slaughtering animals for sins. Sounds familiar, like OT stuff. Great opportunity to share about JC and I know you two J's are doing just that. How's the tummy doin? We had a big day at NSBC, Hannah and I gave testimonies along with about 5 others - all three services. Hannah is the bomb, she can really nail it. Went to the movie tonight w. the girls, saw PS, I love you. A real chick flick. Also, the Loblolly group had their Humility Party. It was a hoot. Sure missed you. Will have to have a party for you when you return! Miss you.
love you lots.
Dani