Monday, December 10, 2007

first day in Indo...

Well, yesterday was my first full day in Indo and it was great!!! We stayed very busy so that I can get over the jet lag!my day went like this: I went through orientation and then we went to the malll....which the mall was Very western and huge!! I was amazed at the mall!!! In the mall we did some grocery shopping and got starbucks (yummy!). After that we came home and rested a while and then i went with boyter to teach and then we had a chrima party with some girls....

Things about this culture:
-The girls are soo cute! They just giggle and laugh about everything! oh and they LOVE pictures!! Lets just say....we get along very well!!
-Everyone stares and they ask me if I speak Indonesian
-The driving is crazy ...just like most asian countries!
-There are these horse like things in the mall which are electronic and kids just ride around the mall on them....this is the funniest thing I have seen so far!!!
-They LOVE Japan and ask me all about when I went....I have met like 4 or 5 Japanese majors... last night this girl asked me how to say some Japanese so, I told her "Hello" and she said that I said it wrong. I just laughed it off ...

Well, thats about all that I can think of now! I am having a GREAT time and I love it here!! I feel so welcomed and loved!! thanks for all of the *thoughts!!
Love, Griff

No comments: