Wednesday, December 12, 2007

motorbikes, food, and more

So, most people get around here by motorbikes...Its actually a lot of fun and I enjoy it. The first day on the back I wasnt too sure of myself and almost fell off once because I wasnt holding on good. There are cars but, you get around a whole lot faster if you have a motor bike because you weave in and out of everyone.

The food is actually really good. Everything I have had has been delicious!!

Yesterday morning we got up early and went with one of Jessica's teachers to an elementary school to be the "guest speakers." When we first got there we met everyone on staff and told them about ourselves.....well, Jessica's Indo teacher translated everything for me. She sat beside me and translated everything that they said too. It was nice to have a personal translater but, I would love to know the language even more. After meeting the staff we went outside and sat at a table. We said a few things about ourselves and then the kids performed for us. It was really cute to see the kids speaking in english and singing. After the performances we took a few pictures and ALL of the kids wanted our autographs. It was so funny to sign my name a million times like I am some movie star. I liked it...hahaha.

We went to McDonalds to get some ice cream after the school and hung out with Jessica's teacher...which was really cool because I really liked her a lot. She was fun to be with and her english was perfect.

They have a Wendy's and an A & W here too!!

It is quiet funny to introduce myself to people here because me and Jessica have the same name and they automatically say "twins" ....and we just laugh and say "yes, because so many people with twins name them the same name."hahaha no, we don't really say that but, it is really funny.

Last night we did some karaoke with some of Jessica's students. It is really cool because you go into this room with the people you are with and there are 2 microphones and you start singing to what you want. I had a blast doing this!! The girls we went with were tons of fun and we danced and sang for about 2 hours.

I finally got a full nights sleep last night for the first time. I am also excited because I didnt wake up until 6:30am instead of 4 or 5 am. I am really getting adjusted to the days here and no more jet lag!! PTL!!!!

Today we are going a little bit slower than the past week. We have not stopped any of the days that I have been here so, today is going to be good. I love it here and I am having a great time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SEO
very handy,thanx a lot for this article ....... Tyis was what I was looking for.