Thursday, January 3, 2008

rainy season songs are in the air....

Well, its still rainy season and will be for a while here in Indo. It rains everyday. The other day Boyter and I decided to go to the mall on her motor bike. It was so beautiful on the way there and the wind felt so nice on our faces. Well, low and behold the bottom dropped out during our time in the mall. We decided we would wait a while and see if rain would slow down some or stop....but of course it did not. So, we had a fun ride in the pouring down rain. (2nd time to be stuck in the rain in 1 week)

I cant believe that I have 2 more full days here. Everything has gone by so fast. I am pretty sure that I have grown more in this month than in the last 6 months. I have learned soo much and it has been one of the greatest experiences of my life.

Yesterday we hung out at a University with a bunch of girls. It is pretty cool to see their campuses and to see how everything runs (especially b/c im still in collge). The first full day that I was in Indo we hung out with a lot of University girls. Some of the girls asked me what my faculty was. I was thinking in my head...."why do they want to know who the faculty is at my school, they dont even know which school I go to." hahaha....yeah well, I asked Boyter what they meant and they meant what is your "major." So, Hannah when people ask you "what is your faculty" just say communications. lol

Today we are going to church and then we are having dinner with a friend. I am excited about this dinner because its a huge buffet and everyone says that it is soo good. We are all 3 excited because we have never been there.

Okay I am going to get ready for this wonderful day.

1 comment:

Danita said...

You know before I went to Africa I lost 11 pounds b/c I was in the hospital. Well I put back on about 4 before I left. I was warned I would lose weight there b/c of the diet. Not me, I loved it all and gained about 5. Go figure! So I really dig the buffet opportunities. I lived in Okinawa for 2.5 years and it is just like the movie Forest Gump, when the monsoons start it rains every day for three months. Makes me never complain about rain here. When I hear someone complain about a little rain for a couple of days I just smile and remember what three months of rain was like. Give Boyter a big hug for me and don't forget to give her that card I sent for when you leave b/c she will need some cheering up. Love you bunches.
Danita